Regional Development Australia Ipswich & West Moreton (RDAIWM) is part of a national network of community-based committees established by the Australian Government to foster regional economic development.
RDAs help facilitate policies, programs and projects to strengthen human capital, productivity, infrastructure, access to markets, regional comparative advantage and business competitiveness. Committees work in partnership with business and industry, all three levels of government and their communities.
RDAIWM was established in late 2009, and represents the Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Local Government Areas. Our role is to:
- Maintain a 3-5 year Regional Roadmap that focuses on the economic development of our region and takes account of Australian, state and local governments
- Advise on priority activities that will drive regional economic development and boost comparative advantages, based on consultation and engagement with community leaders
- Assist local community stakeholders to develop project proposals and help shepherd them to appropriate public and/or private funding sources, including the Australian Government’s $1 billion National Stronger Regions Fund
- Provide advice to the Australian Government on critical issues affecting our region
- Enhance awareness of Australian Government programs.
For more information on the Regional Development Australia network, go to rda.gov.au